Lectures & Presentations
- “On Consumption, Authenticity, and Intersectionality” – Thresholds 48: Kin “Get-together,” MIT Department of Architecture, Cambridge (MA), May 7th, 2020.
- “On Global Connectivity and Trans-Locality: Theories for a Socially and Environmentally Engaged Design”, Ryerson University, Department of Architectural Science, 2019 (Toronto, Canada, March 12)
- “Narratives of Diaspora and Knowledge Mobility “, Georgia Tech, School of Architecture, 2019 (Atlanta, USA, March 6).
- “Histories of Exchange and Decolonization: Postwar Architecture and the Fascination with Africa”, University of Toronto, John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design, 2019 (Toronto, Canada, Feb 20)
- “The Construction of the Charter of ‘Habitat’: From the Functional City to the African Village”, Bruno Zevi Foundation, 2018 (Rome, Italy, November 7).
- “The Charter of ‘Habitat’: Theories and Methods for the Construction of the Postwar City”, Het Nieuwe Instituut, 2018 (The Netherlands, Rotterdam, November 1).
- “Postwar Cities and African Villages: Fascination, Exchange, and Interpretation“, CCA Montreal, 2018 (Canada, Aug 23)
- “Hybridity: A Research in History, Theory, and Design“, Dalhousie University, School of Architecture, 2016 (Canada, Oct 26)
- “The Cameroon Hut and the Construction of an Idea“, Columbia University, Italian Academy for Advanced Studies in America, 2016 (USA, Nov 7)
- “Understanding Otherness in Architecture: Post-War and Contemporary Approaches to the Study of African Traditions”, Dalhousie University, School of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture and Planning, 2016 (Canada)
- “African Dimensions of Post-War Architecture”, Clemson University, School of Architecture, College of Architecture, Arts & Humanities, 2016 (USA)
- “Architectural Culture in Translation”, Auburn University, School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture, 2016 (USA)
- “Tradizione sub-Sahariana e Architettura Occidentale del Secondo Dopoguerra: Risultati e Prodotti del mio Progetto Marie Curie “, Culture del Progetto Department, IUAV University of Venice, Italy, 2016 (Italy, Febr 16)
- “Architectural exchange and transatlantic dialogue: the case of post-war Mozambique“, Africa Center, University of Pennsylvania, 2015 (USA, April 3)
- “Immagini dall’Africa sub-Sahariana”, Culture del Progetto Department, IUAV University of Venice, Italy, 2014 (Italy, March 11)
- “Images of Black Africa: Traditional African Architecture as Seen in Western Magazines,1945-70”, History of Art Department, University of Pennsylvania, 2013 (USA, Dec 11)
- “The African connection in architecture: the intellectual bridge to Europe and the USA”, Humanities+Urbanism+Design Initiative, Mellon Foundation 2013-2018, University of Pennsylvania (Penn Design, Penn IUR and Penn Arts&Sciences), 2013 (USA, Oct 18)
- “Marie Curie project: Afrobridge”, Info-Day Marie Curie, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy, 2013 (Italy, May 13, web live streaming)
- “Great Green Walls against desertification”, World Architecture, IUAV University of Venice, Italy, in coordination with La Triennale di Milano, 2012 (Italy, Dec 11)
To inquire about speaking availability please contact me